Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Clinton-Wallace fireworks on Fox"

USA Today:
Wallace: But the question is, why didn't you connect the dots and put him out of business?

Clinton: Let's talk about it. I will answer all those things on the merits, but first I want to talk about the context in which this arises. I'm being asked this on the FOX network. ABC just had a right-wing conservative running their little pathway to 9/11, falsely claiming it was based on the 9/11 commission report with three things asserted against me directly contradictory to the 9/11 commission report. And I think it's very interesting that all the conservative Republicans who now say I didn't do enough claim that I was too obsessed with bin Laden.

All of President Bush's neo-cons say that I was too obsessed with bin Laden, they had no meetings on bin Laden for nine months after I left office. All the right wingers who now say I didn't do enough, said I did too much, the same people.

2 comments:

Reality-Based Educator said...

Gald to see Clinton fighting this meme. The right-wing are trying to rewrite history to make it sound like Dems did nothing while big bad George did all he could. Obviously they're aiming at the youth, many of whom no longer remember pre-9/11 days all that well (trust me - I teach high school and many of these kids can't remember who was preznit before Bush.) It's an insidious, Orwellian move and it must be stopped. Doesn't anybody remember the August 6th PDB?

Howard Martin said...

Expect the rovians to throw everything down the memory tube they would prefer we don't remember.