Saturday, April 16, 2005

''Air America goes local in Portland'' (UPDATED)

"Clear Channel Radio Portland announced today that AM 620 KPOJ would add a brand new live, local morning show to its Progressive Talk line-up. Beginning Monday, April 18, nationally syndicated talk host and best selling author, Thom Hartmann, will host the KPOJ morning show weekdays from 6am-9am."-I got this from WashBlog. He got it from Columbia Watch via Blue Oregon not that it really matters. Hartmann is a progressive talk radio "star" so it's not totally "local" in my opinion. He is claiming Portland has been his second home for the last 20 years, but he's been broadcasting from Vermont, from which all good things now eminate. Do we have a comparable Seattle "star"? Update: I received the following email in response to this post: "I inquired a couple of months ago about the possibility of hosting a live local show on KPTK. I have a number of years of radio experience prior to getting into journalissm, and a pretty broad following through Seattle Weekly, workingforchange.com, and shows on KEXP and KBCS. But I didn't hear anything back. It's sad -- whether it's me or someone else, the Seattle Air America oulet needs local talk.-Geov Parrish" Update: Olympia Time nominates John Keister. He's funny, but I don't know if he wants to do politics all the time.

No comments: